So that you can make sure that payments you make, request or withdraw are safe, you must create or accept a payment request after opening an account. Depending on the party that needs to make a payment or accept the payment, the Shieldpay Vault must be funded with the amount that both parties have accepted. Once the Shieldpay Vault has been funded, money will be held securely on trust in our ring-fenced client account which is maintained by Barclays Bank plc. You can only pay funds from your Shieldpay account if you have funds in your bank account, credit or debit card. If you do not have sufficient funds available on your funding sources, we will not be able to accept your transaction.
Articles in this section
- Why have I been charged by my credit card company?
- Will I be charged a fee by my credit card company for using Shieldpay?
- I am using a debit or credit card to place money with Shieldpay - will I be charged by my bank or credit card provider?
- What does funding the Shieldpay Vault mean?
- What forms of payment does Shieldpay accept?
- Can I fund the Shieldpay vault with PayPal?
- How do I withdraw funds?
- How long does it take to withdraw my money?
- How long does it take to receive a refund?