Both sides of the transaction can refuse a payment request or can cancel a payment before both parties have accepted to transact by releasing and withdrawing the funds. After that we are unable to accept a refusal or cancellation from either or both sides, unless in our discretion we have reasonable grounds to refuse such payment. Shieldpay, however, may in its discretion cancel or refuse a transaction at any time where it has reasonable grounds to do so, for example complying with regulatory requirements or to prevent a financial crime.
Articles in this section
- What is a cross border transaction fee?
- How do I send payments?
- How do I receive payments?
- How do I request payments?
- Transaction best practices
- Are there any fees if the transaction is cancelled?
- How do I cancel a payment?
- Is there a risk of chargeback or reversal of a payment?
- Can I cancel a payment or refuse a request for payment?
- Can I transact in a different currency?